5 Facts about StoryBlocks
As CLEL and Rocky Mountain PBS prepare to film even more of these great videos, let's take a moment to highlight why this is an amazing tool for libraries and their patrons!
1. StoryBlocks feature 5 different languages- and are always looking to expand! It would be awesome to have someone on staff who can communicate with everyone, but that is often not a reality especially for smaller libraries. This tools allows us to communicate the importance of early literacy and share some strategies without having to speak the same language.
2. StoryBlocks has two different types of videos- songs and spoken rhyme. These videos are great way to expand the story time repertoire of librarians and support staff, as well as caregivers.
3. StoryBlock videos are also arranged by three different age groups: 0-24 months, 2-3 years, and 4-5 years. This makes it easy to find the group you're looking for.
4. There are currently 29 rhymes and 25 songs, with more being produced shortly! So much to choose from.
5. StoryBlocks is accessible via smart phone and tablets. Sometimes video feeds can be frustrating when using hand held devices, but not StoryBlocks! Take a moment and show a parent who has their phone handy- a great tool for on the go!
Take a moment today to explore this amazing resource and all it has to offer- you can click here to go to the StoryBlocks site.