Colorado Libraries for Early Literacy (CLEL) announces the Call for Presenters for the 2017 CLEL Conference.
The 2017 CLEL Conference will be held on Friday, September 8, 2017, 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.at the Best Western Plus Hotel and Convention Center, 1900 Ken Pratt Boulevard, Longmont CO 80501.
The conference welcomes keynote speaker Dr. Sarah Enos Watamura, Associate Professor at the University of Denver in the Department of Psychology. Dr. Watamura's research interests include stress and health in young children, parenting, child care, and physical and psychological health in young children.
In addition to a keynote speaker, we will have break-out sessions. Break-out sessions will be 50 minutes in length. If you would like to present a session, please submit a proposal here. There will be no monetary compensation, but up to two presenters per presentation will receive conference attendance for free.
Some topic ideas include (but are not limited to):
• ECRR 2 tips/research/talking points
• Felt board ideas
• Connecting the 6 ECRR Skills with the 5 ECRR Practices
• Inclusive all-ages storytimes vs. age-restricted developmentally appropriate storytimes
• How to set-up volunteer-led storytimes
• Multi-sensory storytimes for special needs children
• Using props and puppets in storytimes
• Digital storytimes
• Parent outreach – talking points, activities, tips and also ideas on how to reach parents
• Working with transient families
Proposals for presentations will be considered only if submitted by midnight MST June 16, 2017.
If you have any questions, please contact Josh J. Hem Lee at email@example.com