In 2022, CLEL created four $500 Mini Grants to be awarded annually to eligible CLEL members. Grant funds can support programming at the recipient’s institution and/or used to purchase books or other library related materials. Requested funds must be related to CLEL’s mission of being “passionately committed to strengthening children’s literacy through library services and community advocacy” and prioritize service to marginalized communities.
Please check back in Fall 2023 for information and to apply for a 2024 Mini Grant.
Congratulations to the Recipients of the 2023 CLEL Mini Grants!
- Poudre River Public Library District / Angela Kettle
- Providence Public Library / Anne Kilkenny
- Peterson Library (of Peterson Space Force Base) / Hannah Weaver
- Pueblo City County Library District / Kristi Roque
About CLEL Mini Grants
- Focus on early literacy
- Alignment with CLEL’s mission
- Service to marginalized communities
- Community impact
- Applications open October 17, 2022
- Applications close November 18, 2022
- Fund announcement goes out December 16, 2022
- Checks are mailed in January 2023
- Funds must be spent and projects completed by September 30, 2023
- Applicants must be CLEL members. New members are eligible to apply and CLEL is FREE to join. Become a Member
- All CLEL members are eligible, regardless of residency.
- Grant funds can support early literacy programming, materials, or books for the recipient’s institution and/or used to purchase books or other early learning materials to be distributed to the community.
- Requested funds must be related to CLEL’s mission of being “passionately committed to strengthening children’s literacy through library services and community advocacy.”
- All funds must be spent and projects completed by September 30th, 2023.
- Recipients will present their project and its accomplishments, including photos, at a panel discussion at the Annual CLEL Conference in the Fall of 2023 OR as a blog post on your experience.
- Members of the CLEL Steering Committee are not eligible to apply while they are serving their term.